WIND TURBINE BLADE TECHNICIAN
Robur Group USA is building its wind turbine blade technician teams for shop-based work and for projects on-site at wind farms. We are therefore looking for experienced fiberglass technicians with and without rope access capability and credentials.
Core competencies – Prior experience and certifications in any of the following:
- Fiber composite and coating technology
- Maintenance, repair and inspection of rotor blades and tower via suspended platforms and cherry pickers
- Technical inspection of rotor blades and tower via rope access methods
- Inspection of lightning protection systems
- Fitment of turbine / blade retrofit upgrades
Typical Main Tasks
- Work on projects throughout the USA on all types of wind turbines blades and nacelles. Overseas project opportunities are also possible
- Perform various levels of composite repair and surface refinishing work
- For senior personnel, develop repair procedures and perform quality checks on repair work undertaken by others
- Work in 2-3 person teams
- Comfort working at heights
- Flexibility to work away from home for 6-8 weeks at a time
- Ability to work in teams
- Good knowledge in epoxy and polyester fiber composites
- OEM blade manufacturer composite repair competence certifications
- Standard wind turbine industry safety credentials and qualifications
- For rope access, IRATA or SPRAT certification
- Valid Driving license with no prior major convictions. Ability to pass background check and D&A screening
Interested in this job?
Please send a resume and copies of training certificates/qualifications to email@example.com,
or call +1 832 294 0688 for additional information or questions.