- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed. Communication
- Safety Focus – Performs work in a safe manner at all times and observes safety and security procedures; avoids shortcuts that increase health and safety risks to self or others; reports potentially unsafe conditions and potential hazards; encourages and supports others to be safe while at work.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values; does the right thing, even when it is difficult
Typical Main Tasks
- Diagnosis and troubleshooting of mechanical, hydraulical and electrical issues
- Interpretation of electrical, hydraulical and mechanical drawings, schematics, blueprints, procedures and technical documentation
- Software transmission and wind turbine configuration (software load, wind turbine configuration, PLC hour configuration, counters reset…)
- Alarm reset
- Knowledge of the main systems of the turbine (yaw, pitch, environmental sensors, hydraulic group, emergency series, beacon, gearbox, generator, gearbox, converter, transformer, MV switchgear), their main elements, how to inspect, mount, repair and substitute them
- Ability to carry out preventative and corrective maintenance according to OEM instructions
- Completion of all relevant paperwork, including work orders, checklists, etc.
- Compliance with all health and safety procedures
- Occasionally, major turbine components replacement support e.g. generators and gearboxes
- Assistance in all areas of site operations
- Safe access and egress to all people on site supply
- Establishment and maintenance general safety
- Compliance with customer site rules
- Incidents and occurrences reporting
Education and/or Experience:
- Studies: electricity, intermediate or engineering studies. Tt least 1 year of work experience in commissioning or maintenance of specialized troubleshooting
- Valid Driving license with no prior major convictions. Ability to pass background check and D&A screening
- Different kinds of wind turbines (Gamesa, Acciona, GE, Alstom, Nordex, Suzlon, Vestas, ….)
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft products and PLCS
- Ability to work at height and in confined spaces. Working regularly in outdoor weather conditions
- Ability to work in rota for on-call cover on weekends and bank holidays
- Flexibility to work away from home for extended periods